Sunday 24 June 2007

Don't Stop!!!

At Heads Of State training today I was reminded TWICE of a valuable lesson:

Don't Stop!!!

On O a big huck went up to a player on my team and I was about 10 metres away and just stopped and watched. He almost caught it but ended up tipping it over the top - where I could have been had I NOT STOPPED!

On D a big huck went uo that I thought was going to be a goal so I stopped. He wasn't in and my man had kept running and got an easy open goal.

Lesson: The Point AIN'T OVER 'TILL IT'S OVER!!

1 comment:

Chris Cunliffe said...

AHAHA rubes - the cardinal sin that almost everyone commits.

It is so hard to get yourself to goes those extra yards, but I know I always treat it like it might only make the difference 1 in every 10 times you goes those extra yards, but man you look like a champion when it comes off, and it makes a massive difference for your team.

I know I personally love those little scavengers (Matzuka) that just seem to get there when others have given up. Every D or point scored makes a massive difference.