Saturday 13 October 2007

Top 5 Ultimate Moments

Here are my Top 5 Ultimate Moments:

1. Bootious Maximus v Team Fisher Price - WUCC06

Playing against the eventual World Champions I had my best game ever. I felt like I could catch absolutely everything, and I was on a team that was never scared to stick it to me on the smell of an oily rag (thanks to aL Don, Brett Matzuka and Johnny Mac).

I was playing against some Furious George boys who I had some great tussles with, not all went my way, but the contest was fantastic. After the game I got an MVP prize from them.

Despite losing the game and it being poorly spirited over all, that game was the very reason I play Ultimate.

2. Moreton Bay Buggers - NUFL 1 06

I was blessed in this Tournament with the best handler line I have ever seen: aL, Pottsy, Buzz, JRay and JD.

I cut long at every opportunity and they never failed to deliver the disc.

Two highlights were:

  • the Third Umpire referral where I toed the line and was called out (even by Pottsy) but a Digital camera on the sideline showed me being in
  • cutting long and realising the disc was going to fall short of the endzone, so leaping, catching the disc behind me with my left hand and rolling over to land in the endzone with my right shoulder as the first point of contact
3. Bootius Maximus v Point of Entry - Mixed Nats 05

Another of those games where things just clicked. I caught every contested grab that came my way, some over much larger opponents. The key highlight was in the next game against Point of Entry when Gak came and marked me straight away.

4. Heads of State v Chilly - NUFL 2 07

The last game of NUFL. HoS had lost 3 close games and Chilly were without a win either. Dan Rule, Owen Shepherd, Chris Warris and Max Wheeler were all out injured, as were half of the other players. Despite letting them come back to Universe point we managed to take our first NUFL win against our home town rivals. Priceless.

5. UQ Lovers v Mac Uni - Uni Games 05

Another game cutting long and dominating, but this time it wasn't Gak who came to stop me it was Matt Dowle. Pot-ay-toe - Pot-ar-toe.

No comments: